Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the group are to
- Explore the interests of Group members in selected Science and Technology (S&T) topics
- Act as a participatory Group building on members’ expertise, background, & willingness to give talks, presentations & undertake research
- Arrange occasional visiting speakers if possible, and visits to events / sites / facilities of S&T interest
Garth Wilkinson 01844 346145
Baptist Church, Lower Hall, Princes Risborough
Generally second Wednesday of the month, 10:00 – 12:00.
- 13/12/2017 10:00 amDo plants talk? - A Wall
- 10/01/2018 10:00 amThe Special Theory of Relativity, Part 2 - Mass / Energy & Space / Time - R Jones
- 14/02/2018 10:00 amEl Nino - V Billings; How it works - electric light - C Robinson
- 14/03/2018 10:00 amDiamonds are Forever. Probably? - D Cliff
For the full schedule for this group follow this link: Interest Group Calendar
What we do
At a meeting we present and discuss a selected S&T subject, with time for questions and answers. We also hear about brief topical S&T news items put forward by Group members. We plan future meetings and topics for presentation dependent on members’ interests and willingness to contribute.
The calendar below is interactive, you can navigate using the controls on the calendar to see the schedule in later months.
Click on an item within the calendar to learn more about it.
You can also filter what is on the calendar by clicking on one of the rectangles above the calendar. Click on the All icon to reset the view so you can see all of the entries for the categories shown.
Return to the top of the page
Return to Index of Interest Groups