Aims and Objectives
The aim of the Group is to learn the History of any Antiques or Collectables that members of the group or U3A may possess.
We have 2 main objectives:-
- To find new items to discuss
- To encourage new members to join & help us to enjoy our meetings and & revel in happy nostalgia.
David Gibbs 01844 346497
Community Centre, Cherry Baker Room
Second Wednesday of the month. 2 pm
For more information on the meeting click on the bar below:
- 09/05/2018 2:00 pmOil Lamps & Lighting including Candlesticks etc.
- 13/06/2018 2:00 pmTextiles – clothes, table linen, Napkins, lace, embroidery etc.
- 11/07/2018 2:00 pmSalvers & Trays etc.
- 08/08/2018 2:00 pmGlass - Ornaments
For the full schedule for this group follow this link: Interest Group Calendar
What we do
The subjects are set and as much research as possible is done by ourselves.
Occasionally we have a visiting speaker/collector who can give an idea of valuations on items, and we try to get to Auction House viewing days or Antique markets to see what is “fashionable” at the time.
Search the site for previous articles on Antiques & Collectables
Search the site for all items relating to Antiques & Collectables
The calendar below is interactive, you can navigate using the controls on the calendar to see the schedule in later months.
Click on an item within the calendar to learn more about it.
You can also filter what is on the calendar by clicking on one of the rectangles above the calendar. Click on the All icon to reset the view so you can see all of the entries for the categories shown.
To view further details of a meeting click on the meeting entry.
Return to the top of the page
Return to Index of Interest Groups