Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the group are to
- Explore the interests of Group members in selected Science and Technology (S&T) topics
- Act as a participatory Group building on members’ expertise, background, & willingness to give talks, presentations & undertake research
- Arrange occasional visiting speakers if possible, and visits to events / sites / facilities of S&T interest
Garth Wilkinson 01844 346145
Baptist Church, Lower Hall, Princes Risborough
Generally second Wednesday of the month, 10:00 – 12:00.
- 09/05/2018 10:00 amThe weather and what causes it - B Foot
- 13/06/2018 10:00 amSeasearch - V Billings; Electric cars - C Robinson
- 11/07/2018 10:00 amIs stress always bad for you? - the biology of human stress - A Wall
- 06/08/2018U3A Science Network Annual Meeting
For the full schedule for this group follow this link: Interest Group Calendar
What we do
At a meeting we present and discuss a selected S&T subject, with time for questions and answers. We also hear about brief topical S&T news items put forward by Group members. We plan future meetings and topics for presentation dependent on members’ interests and willingness to contribute.
Note that Buckinghamshire Library users can view or download e-magazines on a PC for an indefinite period using their free library card registration at https://www.rbdigital.com/buckinghamshire/service/magazines/landing or by using the RBdigital app on Android, Apple, or Amazon Fire devices (note that this has replaced the Zinio app). These magazines include: BBC Focus Science & Technology, BBC Sky at Night, New Scientist, Popular Science, How it Works, National Geographic, etc.
The calendar below is interactive, you can navigate using the controls on the calendar to see the schedule in later months.
Click on an item within the calendar to learn more about it.
You can also filter what is on the calendar by clicking on one of the rectangles above the calendar. Click on the All icon to reset the view so you can see all of the entries for the categories shown.
Return to the top of the page
Return to Index of Interest Groups